The New Year is just beginning… this is the perfect time to reflect on 2020 and how you’ve spent the past 365 days. Have you used your time wisely? Are you living the values that are important to you? Have you grown intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually?
Well I don’t know about you, but I’ve got some work to do in these areas. And, as women who own the lined faces that stare back in our mirror, we realize that life does not go on forever. So as we contemplate our New Year’s resolutions for 2021, let’s remember that, in addition to the vows of “losing 10 pounds” and “exercising more,” we need to add some big goals that will enlarge our lives.
Here are 6 questions to get you thinking:
- What are your personal talents and strengths that set you apart from others?
- In which ways can you best share your gifts?
- Which activities make you feel good about yourself and feed your soul?
- How can you best serve others while maintaining your personal boundaries?
- In which ways do you wish to grow and develop?
- What goals would you like to meet in the next 3 months, 6 months, 12 months?
By asking yourself the big questions and then making a list of small, achievable, daily action steps to get you where you want to go, you’ll enlarge your life in unexpected ways.
This is your time in life to concentrate on your SELF! In fact, now that you’re over fifty, you’ve more than earned the right to live large indeed!