At the dawn of 2018… is it still “a man’s world?”
If you’re female and born into the boomer generation, you well remember the great nature versus nurture debate. As the gender battles raged in the early seventies, women fought hard to emerge from our so-called “predetermined role” as second-class citizens. We fervently believed that, with the same advantages and upbringing gifted to our brothers, women could also achieve great feats… and many times best our male counterparts.
In most ways, we were right. Our gender has gone on to make major inroads in both the private and the public sectors. No longer chained to the kitchen, we’ve traded in our aprons for tool belts and computer chips, and moved from charity bake sales to the trading floors of Wall Street.
Nevertheless, in other ways, women can never compete with men. Men are just downright better off. If you don’t believe the previous statement, here are several reasons why the guys have it so great:
- Same work, more pay.
- They get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
- Wrinkles add character to their faces.
- They can open all of their own jars.
- Car mechanics tell them the truth.
- Their underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack.
- The same hairstyle and clothes last for years, maybe decades.
- A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase.
- They can play with toys all of their life.
- They can wear shorts no matter how their legs look.
- They only have to shave their face and neck.
- They have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache.
And my personal favorite…
- The world is their urinal. They never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is just too icky!!!