The only problem that troubles us more than aging is our skin falling prey to it. Age signs are the biggest insecurity we all fear. And with the change in lifestyle and extreme environmental parameters, it is almost impossible to escape the clutches of losing the youthful glow of our skin. The market has come up with a range of products such as antioxidant masks, oxygen facials, botox injections, and more to curb these signs. But, most of these solutions have low or no effect on reversing the signs of aging, and in some cases, people also tend to face side effects from using these methods. So, does that mean all we can do is accept the fate of our dull skin? Well, the answer is an absolute no. Cannabis can come to your rescue.
Cannabis is the fresh new ingredient of choice for the cosmetic industry. The plant brims with chemicals that can be helpful in repairing and renewing the skin. Apart from solving common skin problems such as acne, cannabinoids found in cannabis plants can be particularly effective in fighting signs of aging. It can also help in reversing the symptoms of skin aging effectively. Let us understand how cannabis can enable skin repair and bring a youthful glow to your skin through the wide range of products available on online dispensary Canada.
The irrevocable signs of aging skin
With age, our body loses its ability to maintain natural levels of oil production that has an immense effect on the quality of the skin. Aging is a natural biological process that leads to losing firmness and glow of the skin. The collagen production linearly falls by about 1% each year after the age of 20, and this leads to a gradual loss of density, quality, and firmness of the skin. The skin becomes prone to damages and looks visibly dull and lifeless. Sun damage accelerates the process of aging as it immensely affects the rate of collagen production, thus affecting the skin further. Common signs of aging include wrinkles, dryness, dark spots, fine lines, hyperpigmentation, sunspots, fragile skin. The hemp seed oil contains important nutrients that can affect the natural balance of chemicals in the body to enable a safe and natural way of treating the damaged skin.
The power of hemp oil
Hemp seed oil is derived from the hemp plant, which belongs to the category of cannabis. Unlike marijuana, the plant variety contains a higher concentration of CBD as opposed to THC and hence does not have psychoactive properties. The harvesting happens through the cold pressing method using the hemp seeds, and the oil is often available in an unrefined form. It has a strong nutty tone and is clear green in color. Given the oil extraction happens from the seeds, the oil does not contain CBD or THC as opposed to CBD oil, which comes from the flower and leaf extracts of the same plant. The oil, enriched with nourishing vitamins and minerals, has moisturizing and healing properties. It is among the important reasons why hemp seed oil can be of great benefit to treat aging skin.
How can hemp seed oil treat aging skin?
- By balancing fatty acids to rejuvenate your skin: Fatty acids play a vital role in maintaining skin health. The right ratio of fatty acids keeps the skin radiant and young and accelerates healing skin damages. The hemp seed oil contains omega 3,6 and 9 in the correct ratio that helps to maintain a proper balance of skin oil. It helps the skin to look energized and rejuvenated, thus reversing the dullness caused due to aging damage.
- By acting as an anti-inflammatory ingredient: The anti-inflammatory properties of hemp seed oil can help reduce age spots and fine lines that appear. Several hemp seed oil-based products utilize this benefit of the ingredient to reduce hyperpigmentation, acne, and other skin problems that accelerate skin aging. The presence of fatty acids increases the production of new skin cells that reduces the rate of appearance of age signs and heals the skin effectively.One can also buy seeds online and extract natural hemp at the comfort of their home.
- By reversing and protecting from sun damage: As discussed, sun damage, along with the presence of heavy pollutants in the air, has a drastic effect on skin health. The UV rays from the sun begin to damage the top layers of the skin that can increase the loss of collagen in individuals. Hemp seed oil can protect the skin by counteracting free radical damage caused due to the sun as well as environmental pollutants.
- By moisturizing and hydrating the skin: One of the major causes of visible age signs on the skin is the lack of moisture. It leads to the skin looking old and fragile that makes it prone to damage due to various factors. As we age, our skin loses its ability to absorb and retain moisture as required, hence offering it a potent ingredient that can provide and retain hydration and moisture ensures your skin stays healthy and plump. The hemp seed oil has natural moisturizing properties. When applied to the skin, it gets absorbed efficiently to provide the oil required by the skin to remain well moisturized. It also acts as a humectant as it absorbs moisture from the air to keep the skin hydrated all day. Another way in which hemp seed oil moisturizes the skin is by balancing oil secretion levels. It triggers the right chemicals required to keep a perfect balance of oil levels on the skin to retain its natural luster and smooth textture.
- By treating visible age signs: Hemp seed oil is rich in antioxidants that help reverse the effects of the various parameters on the skin. It can visibly reduce wrinkles, skin dullness, and repair skin texture on regular usage.
How to use Hemp seed oil?
There are two significant ways of utilizing hemp seed oil for anti-aging benefits. You can use high-quality oil directly on the skin to massage regularly or look for hemp seed oil-infused products for regular use. Alternatively, consuming hemp seed oil can also be beneficial for skin as it directly engages with the endocannabinoid system to enable better skin health and wellness.
This guest post was graciously contributed by Content Marketing Executive, Emma Willson.