Simple, easy, and healthy – you’ll never buy store-bought iced tea again!
Unlike other sugary homemade iced teas, this recipe makes use of matcha green tea, giving it a naturally fresh flavor. Different from your regular green tea, matcha comes from the whole tea leaf being stone ground into a fine powder. It also contains over 137 times more antioxidants, which means its packed with all kinds of disease-fighting elements.
When it comes to taste, matcha isn’t like your typical green tea. There’s no bitterness, only a light herbal flavor. And the health benefits? Endless! Apart from being packed with disease-fighting antioxidants, matcha also serves as an energy-booster, and has even proven helpful in promoting weight loss.
Makes 1 quart
- 1 teaspoon of Evergreen Matcha
- 1 Lemon or lime (sliced thin)
- 1 Apple (sliced thin)
- A handful of Mint Leaves
- 1-3 teaspoons Natural Maple Syrup or Honey (sweeten to your taste)
- 1 quart Water
- Start with the matcha mixture. Pour 1/3 cup of hot water into your matcha powder. Stir until the powder completely dissolves.
- Add maple syrup or honey. Stir well.
- Fill a pitcher with water. Leave space for ice.
- Pour the matcha mixture into your pitcher. Stir well.
- Fill with ice, sliced fruit, and mint leaves.
- Stir, serve, and enjoy!
Note: Remember to purchase top quality matcha green tea powder if you want to receive all of the mentioned health benefits. The best matcha comes from Japan, is a bright green color, and has no bitterness in its taste. Evergreen Matcha is our brand of choice for premium matcha powder. Readers get 10% off the first purchase, plus free shipping across all states. Evergreen Matcha sources their matcha powder directly from Kyoto, Japan so you’re guaranteed of its quality.
Special 10% OFF Matcha Offer
- Visit Evergreen’s Website: Buy Matcha
- Add matcha to your cart and use coupon “1MATCHA” at checkout for your 10% off
- Your matcha will be shipped to you (free shipping)
Note: For our Australian readers you can use this same coupon on their Australian brand Zen Green Tea: Buy matcha. Want a free Matcha Recipe book with over 30 healthy recipes delivered to your inbox? Click here.
This guest post was graciously authored by Erin Young. Erin is a health food writer and a tea expert. She owns two tea companies; Evergreen Matcha in the USA and Zen Green Tea Matcha in Australia. She partners with sustainable tea farms in Kyoto, Japan to source her premium matcha green tea powder. Want a free Matcha Recipe book with over 30 healthy recipes delivered to your inbox? Click here.